Friday, December 28, 2012

Welcome :)

Assalamu-Alakum,
May Peace Be Upon You,
And
Welcome
To all who find themselves on this page,

I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself to all of you, so here it goes:

My name is Alexandria Potter and it is a great pleasure to meet you... even though I guess I haven't actually met you yet.. its still a pleasure... I think... 

Believe it or not, coming up with an 'about me' was pretty hard. But I figured I ought to do it anyways. So after trashing about 5 really lame attempts, I decided to sit back and think - If I were looking at this blog and considering reading or following, what are some things I would be looking for...and this is what I came up with:

-Relativity ~ Someone I can relate to, Someone who can relate to me. And relative content.
-Open-ness-ness ~ An open and non-judgmental environment filled with open and non-judgmental ideas and people.
-Listening ~ Quite Frankly, in order to have someone listen to you, you have to be willing to listen to them.
-Caring ~ Whomever I may be talking to and whatever I might be talking about - I want them to care about me.
-Friendly
-Welcoming

So basically - that (and more) is what I hope to provide to you all.


As I said, my name is Alexandria (Potter). I am 17 years old. I like to do many different things - arts, sports, reading, writing, -you name it. I am not much of a gamer although I do play games once in a while. 
         Anywys aside from working on this blog, I am currently studying the Islamic Sciences (through Qibla: Academy for Islamic Sciences). I intend to begin pursuing a degree in psychology this year - maybe.. And I am working on writing a novel which I hope to publish by the end of the year. I teach Sunday school and volunteer at camps once in a while. I love helping people and seeing people happy.
      Last summer, I decided that I want to work with Muslim youth. I want to help our generation to rekindle their relationship with Allah and with Islam - and so this blog is basically my first step. I want to provide an outlet for Muslim youth to present problems and then become part of the solution. I want to provide you all a safe-and-sacred place (as said by Ustadh Usama Canon) where you can check out content that is relevant to you and if you need something more than what is made available that you can reach out and ask for what you do need. I want to help us become more aware of the relevancy of Islam in our lives and to be able to realize that the Islamic principles really are the solution to our problems. And as I said in the beginning, I really want to help our generation to rekindle our relationship with Allah (swt) and bring Islam back to being the driving force of our lives.
       This blog is like my first step in this journey of mine. And in order to do this:
                                - I will be keeping you up to your neck in articles - relevant, fun and engaging ones with catchy titles.

                                - I will be keeping my email line open so you all can feel free to reach out.
                                - I will be keeping a few social media lines open so we can connect even better. (links to be at the bottom, top or side of this page....eventually)
                                -And hopefully other things later on down the road.


Wa'salaamu-Alakum
May Peace Be Upon All Of You
And
Peace Out
To all as you finish this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment